• Apologies from year 11’s who were prom dancing. In the absence of chair (Wen) and deputy chair (Lucy), Will Hyde stepped up to lead.
• Attending: Kyle Graham, Kaitlin Knight, Sam Stratton, Tommy Burdett, Harry Wilson, Anisha Richards, William Hyde, Jacob Hussey, Zoe Dackham, Lewis Hickman, Jacob Liggins, Jessica Butler, Micala Eburne, George Clark, Libby Hymas, Izzy James and Finley Daddow.
• An open agenda today with some issues pre sent from tutor reps prior to the meeting.
• Jenny and Anton from the canteen came for feedback on the food etc. Tea and Coffee? Sold hot chocolate before. Staggered lunchtime. Canteen queues. Year 11’s skipping the queue. Discussed new food ideas and looked at new menu. Anton very honest and was open to making some changes if finances allowed. Listened to ideas from pupils.
• Rest of the meeting was a discussion on ready for learning cards and behaviour. Mrs Bell to follow up these issues and report back next term. Some other staff will be invited to the meeting if possible.
The school Council would also like to have a charity match, an X-factor and a non-uniform day for children in need.
The video’s editor is Libby, the upper school rep, is Kadie and the lower school rep, is Lewis.
Student Council Blog
Thursday 20th November 2017:
Now the school year is in full flow, the school council has had its first meeting.
On Wednesday the 19th, we met up and discussed current issues in our community. First, we brought up the litter problem. We discussed solutions and preventatives that we will show to Mr. Broadway. Next, we talked about raising money for Children In Need. We decided we could have spotty-themed non uniform days; bake sales, and possibly artwork showcases. Finally, we raised up issues to discuss next meeting, which concluded today’s meeting.