Music and Arts Festival ‘Jingle’ Competition – 2018
The competition is to try to compose and record the ‘best’ jingle to advertise or promote the Music and Arts Festival 2018.
The winning jingle will be on the school website and will also be played on the day in the school hall. Prizes will be presented for the overall best jingle, for the most ‘catchy’ music included in the jingle and for the most ‘entertaining’ jingle.
What you need to know:
1. What is a jingle? (find out)
2. You may enter as a single entry or as a pair.
3. Any style is acceptable (for example – sung, rapped, computer-generated etc.).
4. The Festival will take place on Saturday 22nd September.
5. There will be live music, stalls – selling a wide variety of arts and crafts and other items, refreshments and many more exciting events during the day.
6. It is a real family day out.
7. More information can be found on the school website (look for FASSA).
TIP: Listen to AIR 107.2 or Wessex FM for inspiration about jingles!
Your jingle must:
• include the chords of C major, F major, G major and A minor (see below).
• be no longer than 16 bars (4 times 4 bars long).
• include a short, repetitive, catchy melodic pattern based on the C major scale.
• have some kind of rhythmic accompaniment.
• have lyrics relevant to advertising the Music and Arts Festival.
Chords to be used in any order
C major chord
Notes – C, E, G
F major chord
Notes – F, A, C
G major chord
Notes – G, B, D
A minor chord
Notes – A, C, E
Tip: Keep your ideas simple. Repetition is best!
Very important information:
• Entries must be submitted by the end of lunchtime on Wednesday 12th September, 2018.
• Entries can be submitted in the following formats – mp3 or wav
• Entries must be submitted with an entry form.